Information We Collect
We collect information that you give us or that we get from your use of our sites and services, including without limitation, the following:
- Information about your use of our sites and services, including details of your visits to our sites, pages viewed and the resources that you accessed. Examples of information include device, location, and traffic data.
- Information specifically provided by you, including your name, telephone number, email address, physical address, login username, password, or other information that you voluntarily share with us.
Using Your Information
We use the information we collect from you to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our sites and services, and to develop new ones.
In addition, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you related to products or services provided by us.
- To inform you of any changes, offers, updates or other announcements about our sites, services, or products.
Storing and Securing your Personal Data and Information
We take all reasonable measures to
- Protect your personal data and information, and to protect our sites from unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, information we maintain.
- Ensure that we are in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regardless of where your personal data may be stored and processed.
Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose personal information if we have your specific consent to do so.
Third Party Services
Examples of third party services include data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and payment processing.
We will share personal information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service or any of our other agreements with you, including investigation of potential breaches;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of TheLogCompany.com, our users and customers, or the general public, as required or permitted by law.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, you agree that your personal information may be transferred to a third party.
If you wish to withdraw your consent of having your personal information used for certain purposes, please contact us.
All information you disclose in comments, issue queues, or other public portions of our sites becomes public information. You should be careful in what you choose to disclose publicly.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You may have access to your personal information that we hold, and correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, except where the rights of persons other than you would be violated.
Third Party Links
Shire Country Services LLP t/a
The Stables, Kirkbank Farm, Gilling West,
Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 5LJ
TheLogCompany.com is operated by Shire Country Services LLP, a company based in the United Kingdom located at The Stables, Kirkbank Farm, Gilling West, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 5LJ and may include its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, contractors, and/or licensors (together, referred to throughout these Terms of Service as “TheLogCompany.com” or “us” or “we”).
Our GDPR Supervisory Authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted through this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Visitors have the following options for correcting personal information or removing their information from our database in order to discontinue future communications from TheLogCompany.com.
- Click on the “Unsubscribe” link on any TheLogCompany.com email to discontinue receipt of our newsletter.
- Contact us using our website contact form
- Send a request by mail to: The Log Company, The Stables, Kirkbank Farm, Gilling West, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 5LJ, England.