Firepits and outdoor fireplaces are becoming increasingly popular in Britain. They can bring warmth and ambience to an evening outdoor party, where its nice to sit around a burning fire and just chat away the evening.
We want to make sure you and any family or friends are safe whilst enjoying themselves, below are a few tips to be wary of ahead of hosting any fire pit party.
- The most important tip is to keep your fire small. There’s no need for a blazing bonfire, a big fire is much harder to control and so there is far greater potential for disaster.
- Your fire pit should be at least 3 metres away from any structure or combustible surface, such as trees and fences. Before lighting, check the local weather forecast as windy conditions that can blow burning embers for significant distances.
- Have a bucket or container of water close by or a garden hose on standby in case things do get out of control.
- Avoid possible problems by picking up leaves and other combustible materials around the pit to prevent the fire from accidentally spreading.
- DO NOT light the fire with petrol or other flammable liquid – it is HIGHLY DANGEROUS. Our flamers, alongside kindling or small dry logs would be adequate. As it begins to burn, more substantial logs can be added.
- Do not leave a lit or glowing firepit unattended. When the party is over, extinguish the fire. The simplest way is to carefully spread the embers out over a larger surface area. Then when they have cooled down a bit, carefully pour water over them until all glowing is extinguished
- If your fire somehow does escape your fire pit and moves into nearby kindling, trees, fence or other combustible surface, immediately call the Fire Service.
Keep up to date with what we are up to throughout the year, from shows and events to exciting new product arrivals. Keep checking here to make sure you don’t miss out on any of our fantastic offers.
The Log Company and Kirami UK are looking for an energetic, proactive, and organised individual to join an exciting and expanding area of the business.Read More
The Log Company is Woodsure ‘Ready to Burn’ CertifiedRead More
The highly anticipated Tiny wood fired two-seater hot tub is now available!Read More